Sunday, June 12, 2016

Weekend Recap

This weekend I was fortunate to be able to run in a 10k here in Calgary. It was the Calgary Run for Water, and was held on Saturday, June 11th.

I have to say that it was tough! The run started at 10:30 a.m. and I only finished at about 11:42 a.m. I ran fairly slowly. I got a cramp in my right side after about 3k and it didn't really go away.

I was so happy to finish, I headed right for the water station. I hadn't brought a water bottle with me during the run, and there were only two water stations on the path, so I don't think I hydrated enough.

On Sunday I did a walk with my partner, it was the JDRF/Telus Walk to Cure Diabetes. This walk was 5k and raised funds for type 1 diabetes research. Since two of my little nieces have this condition, it's a cause very near to my heart. Thus I was happy to be able to participate.

Charley & I waiting for the walk to begin on Sunday.
Other than these two events, I took it pretty easy this weekend. I found I was pretty weak after the run on Saturday and my legs were sore on Sunday (I'm not an especially great runner yet haha).

How was your weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment