Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Whole 30 Day 1 - Take Two

Hello!
Well, unfortunately the last two days did not go as planned. I ate as per the Whole 30 guidelines all day on Monday (which was technically day 2), but then for dinner my parents were in town. They live out of province and I don't get to see them often. Anyways, we had dinner with them and since I didn't want to make a fuss, I ate what my sister had prepared. It was delicious but sadly non-whole 30. That one slip turned into more slips yesterday. 

The whole 30 guidelines suggest that if you mess up (by eating or drinking something non-compliant), then you should start over. Of course, that is for each person to decide, depending on what the situation is, or how bad the slip up was, etc. For me, though, I want to do this as honestly as I can, so I decided to start over. Thus, today is day 1. 

I had a smoothie for breakfast made up of pineapple, frozen banana, and coconut milk, along with a couple spinach ice cubes. Smoothies are not recommended or encouraged during the whole 30, but as long as the ingredients are compliant, technically they are allowed. 

My 'sad desk lunch' is pictured below. I made some meatballs yesterday out of ground beef, chopped fresh basil, chopped tomatoes, and chopped red onion. For my first attempt at meatballs, they turned out alright. Their taste is better than their appearance. I am also having some veggies and pistachios.
Whole 30 Meal - aka sad desk lunch

I am trying to go about this journey by being as frugal and non-wasteful as I can be. I have seen some really lovely Whole 30 meals around the internet, mine tend to look more like this picture. But that's okay. 

If anyone has any tips for the Whole 30, or tips for eating better in general, I would love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment